Monday, January 13, 2014

Book Review: Ultimate Booty Workouts

Hi There! 
So I started a new lower body program today, and I'm super excited!!!! (Glute days are my favorite days to train, as all my friends know.) So while many pics of extreme bubble butts are circulating pinterest and tumblr...there are many pics of flat butts that are glorified(i.e. runway models). So let me be the first to say, a particular friend of mine, Jessie, in college, used to always say "Bertha" when I turned around...but okay...enough jokes. 

If you're looking for a lower body transformation workout... let me say it. Ultimate Booty Workouts is for you. While most people would tease you if you kept this book on your coffee table, let me just say, it is no joke. This gem of a book was written by Tamara Grand of http://fitknitchick.com/ . Tamara is so knowledgeable! This book was written by a woman who knows her field and understands the importance of adding variety to workout routines, while mastering the movements involved in pursuing this particular goal. There are no fad exercises here. The workouts were well thought out, with detailed explanations and cuing. The nutrition guidelines are simple, no complex meal plans, but a list of healthy foods to give you an idea where to begin. The program goes through 3 4-week phases, and there are also cardio guidelines and ideas. This is hands down the most comprehensive book I've ever read on the topic. (And believe me, I've read a few; which comes with being a fitness coach/personal trainer for 5 years.) My workout buddy and I have challenged ourselves to complete this 12-week program. I've even taken my own measurements today.  The other refreshing thing about this book is that there is not one solitary endorsement of plastic surgery, AND she explains the HEALTH benefits of glute training, such as increased metabolism and reduced lower back pain, which are way too often overlooked in articles on the topic. Thank you, Tamara for writing a book that I will continue to use as a resource for years to come! You can order this awesome book on Amazon.com

Go break a sweat!


Julie A




5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! Really appreciate the insights and can't wait to hear about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your review via the Sweat Pink link up and I'm so glad to see the positive review! I won a copy of the book and can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never used a book for working out, but wonder if it can boost the butt. The butt is not my issue, but it would be nice to have one. Thanks for sharing on Tuesdays With a Twist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this book before, I am actually going to go over to my local library website and see if I can put it on hold now. I'm limited on what I can do right now because of injury, but that is slowly changing and eventually I am REALLY going to need lower body workouts, so this could be quite helpful, thanks for sharing and good luck with your 12 week transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The original Greek theories on inversion are still valid today and there is a much easier way to relieve neck and back pain than having your family and friends hoist you with ropes. The process is called spinal inversion therapy, and it can be the natural way to a better back and a better body whether you want to reduce back stress or fatigue or stimulate your blood circulation.neck inversion

    ReplyDelete